Saturday, September 24, 2005

 

NFL Week 3 Picks

Last week, I went 1-4; only a late flurry in Green Bay kept me from getting skunked. My overall record stands at 3-7. This means that through two weeks, I have been approximately as effective as throwing darts at the schedule. I keep telling myself it's early, and I can make it up. So here are this week's darts:

Indianapolis -13.5 vs Cleveland: Remember last week when I told you to take the Colts and lay the points, except against New England? Well, I want to amend that to include Jacksonville. Cleveland's defense is not as good as either as those two. Neither are they anywhere near as good as the Packers made them look last week. I also like the under 47 total. I'm thinking 33-7 here.

New Orleans +4 at Minnesota: The Vikings look like a black hole. They have engulfed St. Paul, and Eden Prairie and Lake Minnetonka are on the event horizon. The Saints are pissed at the NFL for somehow adding a road game to what was already an all-road schedule last week.

New York Giants +6 at San Diego: Everyone seems to think that Giants QB Eli Manning will get booed out of the stadium, and off his game, by Chargers fans. WHAT fans? The ones who were outnumbered by Cowboys fans at their home opener? Prove it. The Giants look pretty decent to me. I think the desperate Chargers will win, but barely.

Kansas City +3 at Denver: The better team is getting points. I don't care if they're on the road; they're better.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?