Saturday, October 22, 2005

 

NFL Week 7 Picks

A 4-1 week brings my record to 13-18-1, and gives me hope that I can salvage this season. First, I need to have two good weeks in a row. Here are this week's picks....

Green Bay at Minnesota over 44 total: I was all set to take the Packers and lay the two-point spread, but I suffered an anxiety attack. The Vikings, mortally embarrassed off the field by their "Love Boat" episode, certainly don't want to be embarrassed on the field in front of their home fans. What's left of them, anyway. I'm expecting a lot of scoring in this one, regardless of the final outcome.

Indianapolis -15.5 at Houston: Yes, it's a lot of points. But Indy is very, very good, and the Texans are historically bad. The Colts will be motivated to go into their bye week on a high note. Houston's motivations are unimportant, as they stink on ice.

Seattle -3.5 vs. Dallas: The Seahawks are very good at home, and might actually be the best team in the NFC. The Cowboys will be without stud tailback Julius Jones, and will find it difficult to compete on the road without a running game.

Washington -13 vs San Francisco: The Redskins are laying a lot of points for an offensively-challenged team. The Niners, on the other hand, have a defense that cures all woes. Mark Brunell explodes, Clinton Portis finds the end zone for the first time this year...in fact, I like the over 36.5 total, as well. Heck, the 'Skins might make the number by themselves.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?