Saturday, December 17, 2005

 

NFL Week 15 Picks

Another hideous 1-3-1 week brings my record to 33-44-4. As my season slowly circles the drain, I press on. I will keep firing until I'm out of ammo. After all, I don't have any money on these picks (and you shouldn't either). My pride can take this fearsome beating, but my wallet could not.

Denver -8 at Buffalo: I would normally be all over a home team getting this many points, but nothing is normal this season. Heavy snow will limit both teams' passing ability, which doesn't really hurt the Bills. Unfortunately for them, they can't run the ball either, and the Broncos most certainly can.

Chicago -3.5 vs. Atlanta: On a bitterly cold night in Chicago, I'm pretty sure the dome team will want to go home midway through the second quarter. By halftime, Falcons QB Michael Vick will have three turnovers and a headache, and will start the bus personally.

San Diego +7.5 at Indianapolis: Something tells me the desperate Chargers can hang with the Colts offensively. They can't hang defensively, so they will lose. But they should keep it close. Of course, if that "something" is the same thing that's made me 43.2 percent accurate this season....

Cincinnati at Detroit over 43.5 points: The Bengals will bounce back from their off-form showing last week. The Lions aren't going to bounce back from anything, as they stink out loud, but they should be good for at least ten points. That should be enough.

Seattle -7 at Tennessee: The Titans are they youngest team in the league, and it shows. Unlike previous versions, this Seahawk team tends to take care of its business. Seattle by a bunch.

Dallas +3 at Washington: The Cowboys are clearly the better team at this point of the season, and are motivated by playoff desperation and the desire for revenge. Two late touchdown passes won't be enough this time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?