Saturday, December 31, 2005

 

NFL Week 17 Picks

Another dreadful 1-4-1 week makes my season record 38-50-5. If I was betting these picks, I'd be living in a van down by the river at this point. This is a brutal week to pick games, as well. Some teams have nothing to play for, while others have a great deal on the line. That won't stop me from making six more picks. Plus, I plan to pick all the playoff games, just to make my season as miserable as possible.

Baltimore -3 at Cleveland: The Ravens have shown some fight lately, and Kyle Boller is playing like a real live NFL quarterback. The Browns haven't exactly quit, but I suspect they can't keep up.

New York Jets +1.5 vs. Buffalo: Not much to pick from here between two bad teams. I just feel the Jets like their coach a lot more than the Bills like theirs, and will make a bigger effort.

St. Louis +12.5 at Dallas: The Cowboys must win this game, and almost certainly will. But the Rams will make enough plays to cover the generous spread.

Seattle +4.5 at Green Bay: The Seahawks will play their starters only sparingly in a game that means nothing to them. Which means they'll be ahead 17-0 at the end of the first quarter. The subs can probably handle it from there.

Cincinnati +7.5 at Kansas City: The Chiefs are very tough at home, and have far more at stake, but the Bengals are the better team. Unless the weather is just hideous, this game shapes up as a track meet, so I like the over 46 points total too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?