Sunday, January 22, 2006

 

NFL Conference Championship Picks

A 3-2-1 week (outstanding, by my standards) makes me 45-60-6 for the season. Since I have nothing to lose in terms of reputation, I am going against the considerable home-field advantage in both games today, because the underdogs are white-hot.

Pittsburgh +3 at Denver: The Steelers are winning the way the Cowboys did during the Jimmy Johnson era--throw early to get a lead, run late to protect it. The game will probably be decided by which quarterback makes the most mistakes, and I just can't believe in Jake Plummer until he actually wins a Super Bowl. I also like the over 41 points total.

Carolina +3.5 at Seattle: Panthers WR Steve Smith is dominating games the way no 5'9" player ever has. And while Seattle led the league in sacks, they did it against a schedule full of teams that can't protect their QB. Smith will get the Panthers a lead, and their defensive line will close the deal.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?