Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

NFL Wild Card Picks

After going 2-4 last week, I finished the regular season 40-54-5. My talent for wordcraft is woefully inadequate to describe how God-awful that record is. My only solace is the knowledge that many sharp handicappers have taken it in the neck this year, the result of an unusually good year for favorites. That, and the fact that I haven't lost any of my own money on these nauseating picks.

Jacksonville +7.5 at New England: There is no rational excuse to pick the Jaguars to win this game. Fortunately, I am not. I am only picking them to lose a close game, due to the Patriots' tendency to not blow out anybody.

Washington +2.5 at Tampa Bay: These teams are quite evenly matched, as proved by their game earlier this season. I am going with the red-hot Redskins over a quarterback making his first playoff start. I also like the over 36.5 points total.

New York Giants -2.5 vs. Carolina: The Panthers are just too erratic to trust them in the playoffs. The Giants have significant injuries on defense, but get Jeremy Shockey back on offense. They will slowly choke the life out of the Panthers.

Cincinnati +3 vs. Pittsburgh: In this game, I'm going with the QB making his first playoff start, and against the hot team. Hey, you gotta be flexible.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?