Saturday, February 04, 2006

 

Super Bowl Pick

I went 2-1 on the championship games, finally producing consecutive winning weekends, though far too late. My season record stands at 47-61-6, which means I probably could have done better by flipping coins. Truly, that is pitiful. However, I realize that there may be interest in the pick of someone who was right 43.9% of the time, if only to go the other way.

A quick note: some of the most entertaining aspects of a Super Bowl, other than the ads, are the bewildering array of proposition bets, from total made field goals (over/under 3.5) to Pitt Panthers basketball (-37.5) versus Steelers points on the same day. For the most part, these wagers are for suckers and degenerates. The best one in my opinion is on overtime, which has never happened in the big game. You can get seven to one for that one in Vegas. Unfortunately, I won't be in Vegas until next week, so....

Seattle +4.5 vs. Pittsburgh: This is a little risky, as I can see a situation where the Steelers get ahead early and steamroll the Seahawks, but I can't imagine the reverse. I am assuming Seattle will survive the first quarter, matching Pittsburgh's intensity. I think the first-ever overtime is a distinct possibility, and in a close game, you must take the points. I also believe the line is slightly inflated by the Steelers' national fan base, which pumps more money into their side.

Enjoy what should be an entertaining game with the unhealthy foods and adult beverages of your choice. I know I will.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?