Friday, November 24, 2006

 

NFL Week 12 Picks

It is Black Friday as I write this, but I can't help thinking about Black Sunday. Last Sunday, to be precise, when I was crushed by the cruel, sneering mistress that is NFL pointspreads. What disturbs me the most is that I ignored my gut, which told me to play a large number of unders. They wound up going 7-1. My picks went 2-5-2, making my season record 30-31-7. Now drowning in my own mediocrity, can I claw my way back to the surface? Here's five attempts to save face.

Arizona at Minnesota under 39 points: Both of these offenses have struggled mightily, and the Vikings' defense is quite good. I don't think either of these teams can put up 20 points on the other.

New Orleans +3 at Atlanta: The Falcons are reeling almost as much as I am. Yet the Saints are getting the points, and their offense is nigh invincible lately. Take it and run.

Houston +5 at New York Jets: I have been burned by the Texans before, but the Jets are not the kind of team to be laying this many points, due to their offensive limitations. Now watch them put up 42 or something.

San Diego -13.5 vs Oakland: I am aware of the Raiders' cover on the road last week. I am also aware they suck, and the Chargers are an unstoppable cover machine. I will be on them until further notice.

Philadelphia +9 at Indianapolis: This one sounds more than a little crazy, but contrarian thinking often does. Eagles QB Jeff Garcia has had a week to get used to the idea that he is supposed to make plays in this league again. This Colts team doesn't blow people out like they did last year, either.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?