Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

NFL Week 9 Picks

I went 4-4 last week to make my season record 23-20-4. It would seem that the more picks I make, the worse I do, which makes perfect sense. Let's cut it back to six picks this week.

Chicago -14 vs. Miami: Someone explain this to me. Last week, the Bears were favored by 16.5 points on the road. They blew out to a 41-0 halftime lead, and won a laugher. Now this week, they're favored by only 14 at home. Are the Dolphins really better than the 49ers? Of course not. Another laugher, coming right up.

Tampa Bay +2 vs. New Orleans: The Bucs are playing much better than their record would indicate. They would already have a victory over the Saints except for a Reggie Bush punt return. I think they finish the job this time.

Green Bay +3.5 at Buffalo: Both teams have good running backs and suspect defenses. At quarterback, the Bills have J. P. Losman, a mediocre journeyman. The Packers have Jesus in cleats. Not really a tough call.

Detroit +6 vs. Atlanta: Michael Vick and the Falcons have been very good lately, which makes this maddeningly inconsistent team a good candidate to lay an egg on the road. The Lions' defense is horrid, but their offense is good enough to hang around in this game, and possibly even win.

Dallas -3 at Washington: Every contrarian bone in my body says to pick the Redskins in this one. However, my eyes tell me the Cowboys are a lot better than they are. I'm going to trust my lying eyes this one time.

San Francisco +5.5 vs. Minnesota: Hey, aren't these the same 49ers who made the Bears look like Sherman marching through Georgia? Yes, but these are also the same Vikings who looked like the Polish cavalry charging the Patriots' Panzer division. OK, enough tortured military metaphors. The Vikes are not a blow-out type of squad, and the Niners are not going to get embarrassed at home two weeks in a row.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?