Sunday, December 31, 2006

 

NFL Week 17 Picks

Wow. A 5-1 week raises my record to 47-42-7, which represents a miniscule profit position. I could sit on my meager laurels, but then what kind of degenerate would I be? This week is full of land mines, as playoff teams rest players in a manner not altogether predictable. Here's five attempts to stay hot heading into the postseason.

Pittsburgh +6 at Cincinnati: It is a badly-kept secret that Steelers Head Coach Bill Cowher is retiring after this game. I expect his team to go all-out to send him off with a win. Getting six points in this situation is a gift.

Minnesota +3 vs. St. Louis: The Rams seem to have figured things out, now that it's too late. I can't trust them, though, on the road in a meaningless game; I want the home underdog.

New Orleans +3 vs. Carolina: I also will take this home dog, though it is a little dangerous. The Saints have their playoff seeding locked up, they will rest their stars at some point, the Panthers want to end a disappointing season on a positive note and are getting their starting QB back, blah blah blah...take the better team getting points at home, stupid!

Seattle +3.5 at Tampa Bay: The Seahawks have no reason to risk their stars, either. No reason, that is, other than the fact that they have stunk like bait over the last month. They will put a hurting on the Bucs early, then their subs will hang on to a slim victory.

New England +3 at Tennessee: Nobody has more respect for than the magic of Vince Young than I do. But I remember the Patriots getting burned when they checked out of a late regular-season game a few years ago. You can bet your mortgage payment Pats Coach Bill Belichek hasn't forgotten either. The best road team in recent history will car-jack Cinderella's ride this week.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?