Sunday, September 16, 2007

 

NFL Week Two Picks

We kicked off the season 4-1. After a perfect 4-0 Sunday, I got greedy and added a pick for Monday, which is a donkey move. Still, 80% is getting it done by anybody's standards. Let's see if I can avoid regressing to the mean.

Regular readers and degenerate gamblers will remember that underdogs at home are some of the best bets you can make. This week, I'm picking against a bunch of them. Livin' on the edge, baby!

Dallas -3.5 at Miami: The Cowboy's defense does appear to have some holes, but I don't think the Dolphins' offense is equipped to take advantage of it. The once-dominant Miami defense is starting to show its age.

Minnesota +3 at Detroit: I love the potential of Detroit's offense, but don't lead me to the Kool-Aid just yet. I still think tough defenses like the Vikes will slow them down ( and turn them over) enough. Also, Minny will use RB Adrian (All Day) Peterson to play keep-away.

Indianapolis -7 at Tennessee: Wait a minute. Didn't I say I would take Vince Young and a touchdown versus anybody just last week? Well, it's the blogosphere...sue me. The Colts were a cover machine last year, except for the two games against the Titans. They lost outright in Nashville, and you better damn well believe Peyton Manning didn't forget.

New Orleans -3.5 at Tampa Bay: The Saints bounce back huge from their opening-night loss. I really don't have more of an angle than that.

Green Bay +2.5 at New York Giants: Given the QB uncertainty of the Giants, and the utter QB certainty of the Packers, I think the wrong team may be favored here. I also want the over 38.5 total.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?