Sunday, October 28, 2007

 

NFL Week Eight Picks

Picking winners is getting tougher, as expected. A 2-3 result last week lowers my record to 20-15; a respectable, though not gaudy, 57% for the season. I am passing on the Patriots this week, as this game is giving me a Halloween-sized case of the creeps. Here's my spooky picks:

Detroit +5 at Chicago: Call it a hunch, but my suspicion is that the Bears will clobber the Lions early, then allow a cover on the back door.

Cleveland -3 at St. Louis: The Browns favored on the road? Yes, the Rams really are that bad.

New York Giants -9.5 at Miami: This game is being played in London. I would take the Giants if the game was on Mars.

Buffalo +3 at New York Jets: The wrong team is favored here. Sometimes, it really is that simple.

Pittsburgh -3.5 at Cincinnati: The Steelers take special delight in abusing the Bengals. No one knows why. Just roll with it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?