Sunday, October 07, 2007

 

NFL Week Five Picks

My picks went 3-2 last week, bringing my season record to 12-7. It's not a bad thing if a 3-2 week lowers your win percentage. I am tempting fate once again, picking four favorites and one over, but I can't get away from them.

Arizona -3.5 at St. Louis: These two teams are going in different directions. I think I'll take the one on the upward trend. The Cardinals' goofy two-quarterback system appears to be working, and has not torn the locker room apart--yet.

Green Bay -3 vs. Chicago: Maximum effort can be expected from the Bears, with their season in the balance. Their injury-riddled defense will tire late in the game, allowing the Packers to pull away.

New England -16.5 vs. Cleveland: True, it's an enormous number. I don't care. Right now, the Patriots would be favored over the 82nd Airborne Division, and I would still take them.

New York Jets at New York Giants over 40.5 points: I can't convince myself of a side here, but I am convinced that this total is about six points too low.

Dallas -10 at Buffalo: This is a classic "trap" game for the Cowboys. Playing an out-of-conference opponent on the road; an underdog playing at home on Monday night for the first time in 13 years; Dallas looking ahead to the Patriots next week.... Sorry. For a second there, I forgot the Cowboys are much, much better. They will pull away in the second half, like they have all year.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?