Sunday, October 14, 2007

 

NFL Week Six Picks

Well, a losing week had to happen sooner or later. I assure you it will happen again. My picks went 2-3 last week, dropping my season record to 14-10. We'll try to get back on the horse this week.

Arizona -4.5 vs. Carolina: This is a late addition, and we will see whether this implusive move is warranted. Panthers starting QB David Carr is a) not very good, and b) has a bad back. It stiffened up on the flight, and he has been downgraded to questionable. Their other options are an undrafted rookie and the 206-year-old Vinnie Testaverde, signed this week. The line has not moved, so I'm exploiting it.

Minnesota +5 at Chicago: I don't really think the Vikings are going to win, but I have to take the points in a game I think will feature paltry scoring. In fact, I'll take the under 37 points total, as well.

Kansas City +3 vs. Cincinnati: The Chiefs have always enjoyed a strong home-field advantage, especially against teams with high-flying offenses like the Bengals. Cincy will have to play well to win this game, and they have laid a bunch of eggs this year.

New England -5.5 at Dallas: An undefeated team is is the biggest home underdog on the board this week. As strange as that is, I am riding the Pats until they don't cover. I don't think it will be this week.

Philadelphia -3.5 at New York Jets: Since the bye week was introduced, the Eagles are undefeated in the next week. When combined with the Jets' overall suckiness, this looks like a big win.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?