Sunday, December 30, 2007

 

NFL Week 17 Picks

Another 3-2 week brings my season record to 44-36, a respectable 55%. I am hoping to finish the regular season strong, as I have consistently sucked in the playoffs. Trying to determine motivation is maddening this week, as some teams are playing out the string, while others have secured their playoff seeding and will sit starters (or pull them early).

Seattle (even) at Atlanta: The Seahawks don't have much to play for, but the Falcons have even less.

San Francisco +12 at Cleveland: The Browns' motivation can be questioned, since they get in the playoffs with a Titans loss, regardless of their performance. Also, they're not really the kind of team that should be laying twelve points anywhere, against anybody.

Jacksonville +6.5 at Houston: It's not that the Texans won't try. It's just that the Jaguars' backups are better than Houston's starters. I like the over 41 points total, as well.

Pittsburgh -3 at Baltimore: Steelers RB Willie Parker broke his leg. QB Ben Roethlisberger is nicked up, and will be held out. I like the Steelers anyway...or maybe I hate the Ravens, I'm not sure.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?