Saturday, September 20, 2008

 

NFL Week Three Picks

My picks were 3-2 last week, making my season record 7-3. If I thought I could continue that pace, I would have moved to Vegas long ago, and I would not be sharing my insight on the Internet for free. Fortunately, we all know better than that; on to this week's selections.

Baltimore -2.5 vs. Cleveland: It is possible that the Browns are better than they have looked. It does not matter, though, as the Ravens are consistently undervalued. This could be a laugher if, in fact, the Browns are as awful as they have looked.

Denver vs. New Orleans over 51 points: Am I crazy? It a bad long-term trend to take the over on such high totals. However, I am looking at two L-O-A-D-E-D offenses and two D-U-B-I-O-U-S defenses. We might get to 51 at halftime.

Dallas at Green Bay under 51 points: OK, I think I just talked myself off the ledge. I was this close to taking the over on this one as well. Then I remembered that these teams' defenses, while not perfect, do have guys who can cover, tackle and rush the passer.

Tennessee -4.5 vs. Houston: The Titans are a playoff team if they get middle-of-the-pack play from the quarterback position. The Texans, well, let's be diplomatic and say they don't resemble a playoff team right now. So, can anyone tell me why Tennessee won't win this game at home by ten points or so? Anyone? Bueller?...Bueller?

New York Jets +9 at San Diego: Make no mistake, the Chargers are desperate to avoid an 0-3 start. They also have more talent than the Jets, even with their injuries. I believe pretty strongly they will win this game. I just think they will struggle more than this line indicates.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?