Sunday, December 28, 2008

 

NFL Week 17 Picks

My picks were 4-1 last week, making my season record 46-27. I am celebrating the end of the regular season by making (perhaps foolishly) seven picks this week, the most I have made all year.

Detroit +11 at Green Bay: Let me be clear here. I think the Lions will become the first 0-16 team in league history. However, I think they will play with their hair on fire in an attempt to avoid infamy. Because of this effort, and the overall suckfulness of both defenses, I also want the over 42 points total.

New York Giants +7 at Minnesota: The Giants might be seven-point favorites if they had anything to play for. Although the Vikes have plenty of motivation (win and they're in), Giants Head Coach Tom Coughlin is not the save-it-for-the-playoffs type. They will certainly be close, and might mess around and win outright.

Chicago +3 at Houston: Give me a break. This line indicates this would be a tossup on a neutral field. Seriously? Give me Da Bears, all day.

New Orleans Saints +3 vs. Carolina: Just a hunch that Saints QB Drew Brees will make a creditable effort at the 403 yards he needs to break the single-season record, against a team that's in the playoffs either way.

Indianapolis +3 vs. Tennessee: Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy is famous for blowing off meaningless late-season games. The problem is, the Titans have zero motivation, and the players for Indy will not want to lose at home.

Seattle +6.5 at Arizona: The Cards are the better team, and playing at home, but...they can also get blown out for the third straight week and still host a playoff game. I also have a hunch that the Seahawk players want to send Coach Mike Holmgren out with a win and will not mail it in.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?