Sunday, September 27, 2009

 

NFL Week Three Picks

A lousy 2-3 week lowers my record to 6-5 for the season. Time to pull it back together.

New York Giants at Tampa Bay under 46.5 points: There are weather concerns here, as well as the feeling that the Bucs won't be able to do a thing against the Giants defense. I think the Giants will win, but I don't like the spread, so I'll take the under.

Seattle +3 vs. Chicago: The injury to Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck has made them a home underdog. The backup, Seneca Wallace, is better than most suspect. The last visit by the Bears was not in the lifetime of most of their players, and Seattle is a notoriously tough place to play.

Carolina at Dallas under 48 points: This total has been rising all week. I am simply making a contrarian play here, as the public is so often wrong.

San Diego -4.5 vs. Miami, and:

Arizona -2.5 vs. Indianapolis: Both of these plays are for the same reason, so I'll discuss them together. Teams that play on Monday night and then have a road game the next week generally don't fare well. I am going to play against both of them and see what happens.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?