Sunday, October 18, 2009

 

NFL Week Six Picks

Things are not going well. A second consecutive 2-3 week has me at 13-13 for the season, which is not good enough. I am redoubling my effort with this week's selections.

Kansas City +6.5 at Washington: The Redskins should not be laying this many points against the Kevzilla Home for Wayward Girls. Although the Chiefs are not world-beaters, they have some pieces, and their coach is NOT on death-watch. I wouldn't want to watch this game, but I don't mind making some money from it.

Jacksonville at St. Louis under 43 points: Also unwatchable, but I don't want any part of the spread. I just don't think these teams can manage 20 points each.

Tennessee at New England over 39 points: The Patriots may well cover the large spread, but I am more comfortable with the over. Both of these teams have struggled at pass defense.

New York Jets -9.5 vs. Buffalo: The Jets' defense (and their defense-minded coach) were embarrassed on national television lat week. Fortunately, the Bills will cure whatever is wrong with your defense.

Denver +3.5 at San Diego: Boy, this feels like I'm walking into a trap. The undefeated Broncos are getting points against a team labeled "soft and uninspired"...by their own general manager. Something is terribly wrong here. I guess the general sentiment is that the Chargers are more desperate. I understand that, but desperation will have to become on-field production before I lay a cent on the Bolts.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?