Saturday, October 09, 2010

 

NFL Week Five Picks

I finally pulled it together last week, going 4-1 to bring my season record to 11-13. A few more weeks like that and I'll be respectable. I am a little nervous about making seven picks this week, but I just can't back away from any of them.

Jacksonville at Buffalo over 41 points: This is not a statement about these teams' offensive prowess, but rather about their defensive fecklessness. Seriously, these guys can't stop anybody. And although there are no great offenses here, there is a smattering of skill-position players of note, all of whom will score.

St. Louis +3 at Detroit: The Rams border on respectability some weeks. They may not be able to win on the road against a desperate Lions team, but they should at least keep it close.

Atlanta -3 at Cleveland: The Falcons are pretty good, more than a field goal better than the Browns, no matter where they play. I'll be shocked if it is less than seven.

Green Bay -2.5 at Washington: In the middle of a string of road favorites here. This is a dangerous way to play, but the Packers are clearly the better team and should win by at least a field goal.

San Diego -6 at Oakland: Yet another road fave, but this is not a fair fight. As long as the Chargers don't make big mistakes, the Raiders are not in their weight class.

Tennessee +7 at Dallas: I think the Cowboys are getting things turned around, but all is not completely well in Jerry's World. I believe the Titans will make them work very hard for everything they get, so I will take the points.

Philadelphia +3.5 at San Francisco: The 49ers are beyond desperate at this point, but their QB play has cost them dearly. Since they are trotting the same QB out there this week, that's not likely to change. The Eagles have some QB issues of their own, but they are not as severe. I will take the points in what is likely to be a low-scoring game.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?