Saturday, October 23, 2010

 

NFL Week Seven Picks

My 4-4-1 result from last week makes me 19-20 for the season. Cutting back to a more normal five picks this week.

Pittsburgh -3 at Miami: It seems clear to me that the Steelers are the class of the league right now. They aren't unbeatable, and the Dolphins don't stink, but give me the better team on a roll.

Kansas City -9 vs. Jacksonville: This was available at 4.5 earlier this week, should have posted it then. No matter. The Jaguars will be starting a quarterback they signed off the street this week. Against the resurgent Chiefs, with one of the more potent home-field advantages in the league, they will be fortunate to score.

Buffalo at Baltimore under 40 points total: Buffalo is almost as good a candidate for a shutout as Jacksonville. I don't think the Ravens can get close to 40 by themselves.

San Diego -1.5 vs. New England: How can I pick the Chargers, a train wreck in shoulder pads, when just about everyone is picking the Patriots? Because the people who aren't picking the Pats are Las Vegas bookmakers. Since the line favors San Diego, I suspect the smart money is on them, and the general betting public is being led to the slaughter.

Dallas -3 vs. New York Giants: The Giants have been going well of late, and Dallas could not be any lower. However, nothing happens the way it is "supposed" to in this series. Also, see the above; they are favored for a reason. I think we all have to hold our collective noses and buy the Cowboys.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?