Saturday, October 16, 2010

 

NFL Week Six Picks

A second straight winning week of 4-3 now makes me 15-16 for the season. After getting away with a larger-than-normal seven picks last week, I am now emboldened. I have (gasp) nine that I like and I can't get away from any of them. This could end very badly...but here it goes.

Kansas City +5 at Houston: I think the Texans will win this game, but it will be hard work. If the Chiefs had decent quarterback play, they would be dangerous indeed.

New Orleans -4 at Tampa Bay: At some point, the defending champs have to rediscover their offensive mojo. I think this is the week. The defense is another matter entirely, though, so give me the over 43 points total as well.

Atlanta +3 at Philadelphia: The Falcons are pretty good; I'm not sure who they should be getting points against. Not the Eagles, anyway. Their defense is an illusion that will be exposed by a balanced offense like Atlanta's.

Detroit +10 at New York Giants: Quick, who's leading the NFC in scoring? I bet you didn't say the Lions, either. The Giants have played very well a few weeks in a row...which is about their limit. They will win, but they are laying too much to cover.

Chicago -5.5 vs. Seattle: It is very hard to trust this Bears team and their recently-concussed quarterback. Then again, they're playing a Seattle team that must cross the Rocky Mountains to reach the game site. That usually doesn't bode well for them. Because of my eminently justifiable concerns about both offenses, I also like the under 38 points total.

New York Jets at Denver over 41.5 points: No opinion on the Broncos getting three at home, but they are high-volume passers with a bad defense. I will strongly consider them for an over until further notice.

Indianapolis -3 at Washington: Of the teams I have already picked, the only one I trust to play at their talent level consistently is Atlanta, and they are getting points. The Colts, on the other hand, are the most reliable cover as a favorite of the last decade. It is likely to remain that way as long as Peyton Manning is healthy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?