Sunday, September 18, 2011

 

NFL Week Two Picks

My picks went 3-2 last week, which is unimpressive in isolation, but would make you rich over the long haul. I will gather my cojones in both hands and pick seven this week, and will be perfectly satisfied if I'm right on four of them. Let's get the money!

Buffalo -3.5 vs. Oakland:  The Bills are a real, grown-up team this year. Their division is still too tough for them, but the Raiders? Coming off a short week? Traveling to the Eastern Time Zone for an early kickoff? Gimme some of that.

Baltimore -6 at Tennessee:  It's a little scary to pick a road team laying this many points. On the other hand, have you seen Ray Lewis on game day? Now that's scary. He and Ed Reed are defying the march of time, somehow, for one more year.

Green Bay -10 at Carolina:  See above. Something is definitely wrong with me here. If this turns out to be homerism on my part, hopefully I'll be cured by this pick. Seriously, though, the Packers are much, much better, and have had ten days to prepare for their initial road trip.

Tampa Bay +3 at Minnesota:  The wrong team is favored. I'm sure the Vikings are the best team in football that will finish in last place in their division, but being the tallest midget does not count for much around here.

Indianapolis +3 vs. Cleveland:  I am counting on the traditional "overreaction to Week One" syndrome here. Make no mistake, the Colts are hosed without Peyton Manning. But the rest of the roster are prideful men who do not want to get punked in front of their home crowd. Given the offensive issues on both teams, I also want the under 39.5 points total.

St. Louis at New York Giants under 44 points total:  The Rams have injuries all over their offense. The Giants' best receiver is less than 100%, and QB Eli Manning has that hangdog look already. Both teams may struggle to reach 20 points.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?