Thursday, October 04, 2012

 

Nfl Week Five Picks

Last week's picks went 4-2, +1.9 units.  For the season, I am now 14-11, +8.7 units.  I have a whopping eight picks for this week.  I will probably regret this.

Atlanta -3 at Washington:  An undefeated team, favored by only a field goal.  I like my chances.  I also like the over 50.5 total points.

New York Giants -8.5 vs. Cleveland:  Seriously, I can't see the Browns scoring more than 13 points in this game.  Seems like the Giants could get to 24 without breaking a sweat.

Minnesota -5.5 vs. Tennessee:  It's time to consider the possibility that Minnesota is much improved.  Playing at home, they should win by at least a touchdown.

Chicago -4.5 at Jacksonville:  The Bears will build on their momentum from last week.  The Jags look cadaverous.  Already.

Denver at New England over 51.5 points:  Both these offenses are just hitting their stride.  I expect both to attain, or at least threaten, 30 points.

Buffalo at San Francisco over 44.5 points:  I'm sure the 49ers will win, but not sure enough to lay the 9.5 point spread.  If the Bills can find 14-17 points, the over feels a lot safer.

Houston -7.5 at New York Jets:  A home underdog getting over a touchdown would seem automatic, but not so fast, Sparky.  The Jets just lost their best offensive weapon in Santonio Holmes.  Their quarterback's confidence is shot, mainly by the signing of a backup whose confidence (or faith, to be more precise) is unjustified by rational evaluation.  Meanwhile, the Texans might be the most complete team in the league, and may be annoyed at the attention paid to their tabloid-friendly opponent.  Houston, early and often.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?