Saturday, December 08, 2012

 

NFL Week 14 Picks

BIG performance last week.  On the strength of a clean sweep on my teasers, my picks were 7-3, +6.9 units for the week.  My season record now stands at 48-48, +11.5 units.  No teasers this week, as I have enough at risk with my straight picks.  Let's do this!

Cleveland -6.5 vs. Kansas City:  The Chiefs made a huge effort in the face of tragedy last week, and won at home.  Now the reality that they still suck has set in, and I'm not expecting much from them on the road.  You shouldn't either.

Tampa Bay -7.5 vs. Philadelphia:  The Bucs still have a playoff dream to pursue, while the Eagles are the football equivalent of that ski jumper in the ABC's Wide World of Sports into.  I suppose that dates me a bit.

Cincinnati -3 vs. Dallas:  This Bengals team is underrated.  This Cowboys team is, it seems, perennially overrated.  Both of those misperceptions could get fixed on Sunday.

New Orleans at New York Giants over 53 points:  It's a big number, sure.  This should be a track meet, however, as the Saints cannot run with the Giants' receivers, and the Giants' vaunted pass rush never lays a glove on Drew Brees.

Seattle -10 vs. Arizona:  Not a big fan of laying this many points, but Arizona will struggle to score at all, and Seattle is a different animal at home.

Green Bay -6.5 vs. Detroit:  The Packers haven't done anything easy since laying waste to the Texans eight weeks ago.  Injuries have made the Lions' offense less lethal than last year.  I do think they will get enough against the nicked-up Green Bay defense to make the over 49 points total a play as well.

New England -3.5 vs. Houston:  Don't get me wrong, either team could win this game.  I am leaning towards the home team with vast big-game experience.  Also, the Texans' defensive secondary is ravaged by injury, leaving them ripe for picking by Perfect Tommy and the Pats offense.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?