Sunday, September 22, 2013

 

NFL Week Three Picks

That's more like it. My straight picks went 3-1, and I hit my teaser, making me 4-1, +6.9 units for the week. My season record now stands at 4-5, +2.5 units. I'm feeling frisky now, so here's a six-pack for this week.

Minnesota -6.5 vs. Cleveland:  The Browns pulled the plug on the season, trading their best offensive player and starting their third-string quarterback. This may work out in the long run, but not this week. They will be fortunate to score.

New England -7 vs. Tampa Bay:  The Bucs may be in more turmoil than the Browns. Their coach apparently hates his QB, and everybody hates him. The Patriots, being the genteel sorts they are, will happily step on their necks.

Detroit at Washington over 48.5 points:  I'm not sure who will win this game, but there is a lot of offensive talent and two defenses that struggle. The number is high, but each of these teams are probably good for 24 points against the other.

Green Bay -2.5 at Cincinnati:  This is probably the marquee matchup of the week, with the Packers' Death Star-like offense against the Bengals' rugged defense. Usually, that means it's the opposite units that decide the outcome. I'll take the Packers defense to make a few more plays than the Bengals offense.

New York Giants +1.5 at Carolina:  Both teams are reeling from mystifying performances to open the season. Just going with the beliefs that the Giants' coaching staff is better-equipped to right the ship.

Chicago at Pittsburgh under 40.5 points:  I'm having trouble seeing how the Steelers score at all, and I don't think the Bears can get to 40 by themselves.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?